ETIWA provides a unique opportunity for organisations to elevate their Corporate Social Responsibility profile.
Our flagship CSR initiative is the ‘Sponsor-An-Apprentice’ Scheme. This is an industry relevant, high impact CSR opportunity for multi-nationals, corporate organisations and individuals. The Apprenticeships are available in the Electrical and Air-Conditioning trades and offer individuals an opportunity to train as a technician. Apprentices receive an industry recognised accreditation at the end of their two year apprenticeship programme.
Our sponsors through full scholarship sponsorships, have an opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the lives of young aspiring individuals in Nigeria, in a measurable and relevant way.
ELECTROTECHNICS APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME
The Electrotechnics programme is an 18 month apprenticeship that is designed to equip trainees with the technical knowledge and the practical skills required to function productively within the engineering, manufacturing and construction service industries.
As part of this programme each trainee is given a job placement which provides practical skills needed to prepare him/her for the world of work. Our strategic partnership with major companies within these industries ensure that you receive relevant work experience.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
1. To acquire fundamental technical knowledge which include;
- Fundamentals of programmable logic controls (PLC)
- Fundamentals of Engine
- Renewable Energies & UPS
- Building Management System
- Data acquisition & control
2. To develop the following practical skills;
- Testing & commissioning
- Standard Electrical Installation
- Metric measurement
3. To acquire soft skills in leadership and work readiness.
WHO CAN ENROL
- Post-Secondary School Graduate
- Polytechnic Mechanical/Electrical Graduate/Technical College Graduate
- Unemployed graduates of any discipline seeking conversion
All candidates must satisfy the following before admission onto the programme;
- Have a minimum of SSCE or its equivalent
- Attend a selection interview
- Sit an aptitude/pre-screening test
- Demonstrate commitment to learning and completing the programme